Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
apurva
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: never
Full Name: Apurva Kumar

Monthly Full Backup Job scheduling bug

Post by apurva »

Hi All,

I think there is bug or some issue when we want to configure just monthly full backup for a VM. The scheduling option are at 2 places, 1st at active full section of advance option under storage and 2nd at schedule itself. In 1st option it don't have date of month as selection but in 2nd option you have date of the month as option. So which will supersede ? Example I want to run just monthly full backup on 1st of every month then what will be the settings?
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Monthly Full Backup Job scheduling bug

Post by Shestakov »

Hi Apurva,
Both schedules will work. So if in your case the job will run twice, with 1 full and 1 increment.
apurva
Veeam ProPartner
Full Name: Apurva Kumar

Post by apurva »

HI Shestakov,

But we want only once a month as full backup. Can you explain what 2 option should be if we want monthly backup to run on 1st of every month.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Unfortunately it`s not feasible via UI to achieve such a schedule, however you can leverage powershell scripts to run the job with active full on particular day.
Or you can create Veeam Zip job and run on 1st of each month with task scheduler.
livelyd
Lurker

[MERGED] Job Scheduling issue

Post by livelyd »

Hello All,

I have a job I am trying to run once a month. I have scheduled it to run monthly on the first Monday. My only issue is that it runs every Monday so I end up with four backups per month. I have a feeling I'm missing something in my logic. The job is a standard job without any unusual settings other than my time constraints. Any input is appreciated, thx.

DL
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Most likely you have active full scheduled on Monday in advanced job settings. To achieve what you're after you need to trigger the job from a scheduled PS script, like mentioned above.
livelyd
Lurker

Post by livelyd »

Sounds good and makes sense, thanks!

DL