Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
sandsturm
Veteran
Liked: 23 times

Proxy Appliance (Multi-OS FLR) Connections

Post by sandsturm »

Hi all

I checked https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... 95#multios for the required ports to run the Multi-OS FLR proxy appliance and I saw there the requirement, that SSH (Port 22) is required from the backup server to the proxy appliance and from the veeam proxy server to the proxy appliance as well.
My question is: Do I need the ssh connection from the backup server to the proxy appliance only, if I have the proxy role installed on the backup server, or is this connection needed too, when a separate veeam proxy server is configured?
I can't open ssh from the backup server into all our networks because of security reasons, so it would be nice to have this connection required only from the veeam proxy to the Multi-OS flr proxy appliance, because these two system are in the same network and therefore no firewall is between them.

thx
sandsturm
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Proxy Appliance (Multi-OS FLR) Connections

Post by veremin »

Connection to port 22 from backup proxy server to FLR proxy appliance is not needed. Thanks.
sandsturm
Veteran
Liked: 23 times

Post by sandsturm »

Am I understand you rigth, that ssh connection is required from backup server only, not from proxy server? That wouldn't be good for us...
thx
sandsturm
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Correct, but it's TCP 22, not SSH, if I'm not mistaken.