Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
AlexLeadingEdge
Veteran
Liked: 58 times

Error: Access is denied

Post by AlexLeadingEdge »

Support # 02220228

Hi guys,

Getting this error on a Windows 10 machine running Agent 2.0.0.700 with a Workstation licence.

25/07/2017 11:47:24 AM :: Error: Access is denied. Asynchronous read operation failed Failed to upload disk. Agent failed to process method {DataTransfer.SyncDisk}. Exception from server: Access is denied. Asynchronous read operation failed Unable to retrieve next block transmission command. Number of already processed blocks: [4094]. Failed to download disk.

We also have Shadow Protect running on this machine, but not at the same time, i.e. Shadow Protect every hour and Veeam Agent once a day.

Veeam Technician suggested a Check Disk (CHKDSK /f) on the C: but it found nothing.

Any ideas?
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Error: Access is denied

Post by Mike Resseler »

AlexLeadingEdge,

Please continue to work with your support engineer. This could be many things I'm afraid and practically impossible to solve without all of the logs. Please escalate if necessary

Thanks
Mike
AlexLeadingEdge
Veteran

Hi Mike,

Will do.
AlexLeadingEdge
Veteran

The SSD hard drive died two days after my last post, it failed to start Windows 10. Restore attempts failed. The hard drive has since been replaced, just thought you guys should know.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Alex,

Was that a Bare Metal Recovery? Have you tried individual files via FLR?
AlexLeadingEdge
Veteran

Dima P. wrote:Was that a Bare Metal Recovery? Have you tried individual files via FLR?
Hi Dima,

Bare metal restore back to the original drive. The drive turned out to be faulty though nothing was found in a check disk. The hard drive failed two days after I submitted the error message to Veeam. The machine was used as a multi-user interface / terminal server for a specific program (using a program called ThinStuff) but recently the company that provides the software they needed has gone to the cloud so now the end users can access it from a webpage from their local machines. The machine has had the drive replaced and was turned back into a workstation.