Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
chissene
Lurker
Liked: never

VEB Installation Failed

Post by chissene »

Hi dear, i'm actually stuck at installing veeam endpoint backup on two win7pro sp1 machines .net framework 4.6.2.
The installation stops when it try to start the veb service, the setup log do not give any additional information about that, it just say that the installation stop cause the service cannot be started.
All steps before that goes successfully.
Even trying to start the service manally during that step is useless and it returns that the service started and automatically stopped because in not in use by any app or proc.

So after this i've tried every kind of solution i found in this forum/google such as manually deleting/recreating sqllocaldb with pstools, setting autorecreate key on regedit to 1, reinstalling .net framework (even different vers), manually downloading and running all required part (sql native client, sqllocaldb, etc).

These two pc are actually the same ghost of may others in which veb is installed and run normally.

The version i'm trying to install is pretty old (1.5.0.306), but even with the newest the result is the same.

Anyway the problem seems to be related to the veb service that could not start.
Anyone have never had the same issue ?
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: VEB Installation Failed

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Chissene,

Did I understand correctly that you have at least one PC running VEB? If so, use that one to create a support call but state in the notes that it is an installation issue on other computers. Our engineers will then contact you (even if it is the free version, but then it is without SLA).

Post the case ID here, and the possible resolution after the investigation

Thanks
Mike