Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
tbigley
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Travis Bigley

One incremental backup running slow

Post by tbigley »

I've seen a few similar posts and there is possibly one that addresses my issue that I just haven't found but I was wondering about one backup that I have running at around 40% the speed of all my other ones.

I run incremental backups Mon-Thur and a full on Friday - The speeds at which these run are typically 1,800 MB/Min - 2,500 MB/Min (the full runs even faster) but my Thursday incremental drags at a paltry 850 MB/Min and I'm trying to figure out why. The drives are the same for all the incremental's and they are set up in VEEAM identically so my first thought is that I need to format that particular drive - but was wondering if anyone has had similar issues and has an idea of where I should start or has a resolution for this sort of problem.

Thanks!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: One incremental backup running slow

Post by foggy »

tbigley wrote:The drives are the same for all the incremental's and they are set up in VEEAM identically so my first thought is that I need to format that particular drive...
Are you talking about rotated drives scenario? What are the bottleneck stats for this slower job run?
Delo123
Veteran
Liked: 109 times
Full Name: Guido Meijers

Re: One incremental backup running slow

Post by Delo123 »

What we see in our environment is when there are little changes to the actuall VM, the actual "processing rate" as hardly any data is read. For instance: 1,9TB processed, 15,4GB read, 12,3GB Transferred which results in 127MB/s and takes just under 4 Minutes to complete. Active fulls run at 680MB/s...