Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
kellison
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Ken Ellison

Scheduled Backups

Post by kellison »

I have my backups scheduled to run at night and it was working fine when I was on Ver. 4.12. I recently had to renew my license and in the email it also had the link to upgrade. I download the 5.01.198 (64-bit) and upgraded my server. Now my schdeuled backups will not run. I can manually run the backups during the day. Is this a bug in the new version? How can I fix this so they run automatically? Thanks Ken
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Scheduled Backups

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Ken,

All the scheduled jobs should be running automatically (there were no significant changes in scheduling mechanism), have you already opened the support ticket with our technical team regarding this problem? I'm sure our team will be able to narrow down the issue pretty quickly after reviewing all job log files.

Thanks!
kellison
Enthusiast

Post by kellison »

Yes I did. They asked for some log files which I provided over the weekend but it is now Monday afternoon and I have not heard a word back from them. Do you know how long it takes to get a reply?
slorhino
Novice
Full Name: RL

Post by slorhino »

I am also experiencing the same issue. I have various installations of Veeam installed at various locations and the schedules do not run in 2011. They all stopped on December 31, 2010.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

kellison wrote:Do you know how long it takes to get a reply?
Depends on your support program, see support policy for more information:
http://www.veeam.com/files/veeam_softwa ... policy.pdf

With standard support, non-business hours do not account towards ticket life time, so submitting the support case on weekend is the same as submitting it on Monday morning.

One thing you should get back immediately is email with support case ID, as this is automated. If you did not get one, it means your email did not reach our email server for some reason. More likely though, it means that automated reply was blocked on the way to your mailbox due to spam filter, which would likely mean support engineer responses will not be reaching you as well. Reportedly, this happens very often nowadays due to strictness of spam filters.
slorhino
Novice
Full Name: RL

Post by slorhino »

Hi Gostev,

Do you have any updates on this issue. We still have customer's whose backups do not run and we need to start them manually. The schedules have all stopped and haven't run automatically since December 31, 2010.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Hi, sorry - I am not following every open issue closely. Based on top reported issues summary that I've got yesterday from support, this issue was not even in the list, meaning that it was reported by less than 5 customers. This typically means that the issue is environment specific. With 15K+ customer base, I am sure we would hear from thousands of customers by now if their scheduled backups were not working for 2 weeks. So please continue working directly with our support, they will be providing you with timely updates as investigation progresses. Or, you can always request an update yourself. Thanks!
kellison
Enthusiast

Post by kellison »

My problem with scheduled backups was fixed yesterday. They ran fine last night. The support sent me some script that I ran against the Veeam SQL database. I am not sure if it would be the same script for everyone so I will not post it here. But hopefully if you have opened a case ticket with them they will send you the same.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Great, thanks for the update!
connected
Lurker
Full Name: Glenn

Post by connected »

I have this same issue. No backups will automatically run, but they will run manually. For me it actually lists the "Next backup 13 Jan 2011", but it's the 17th Jan now! - Rebuilding the job does nothing, it correctly updates to next date, but when that time comes - nothing.
Clearly a wider issue, would love to know the script if at all possible - Doing everything via support email, really doesn't help the community.
Cheers :)
Glenn
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Glenn,

Welcome to Veeam Community! This is not a support forum, the forum rules are provided when you click New Topic, please have a look.

The script might not be the same for every user, that is why you simply need to resolve those kind of issues with our technincal team. I bet you don't want to corrupt your SQL database with a wrong script? :wink:

On the other hand, just to be on a safe side, all procedures that involve SQL configuration database modifications should be performed with our support team.

Thank you!