Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
gingerdazza
Expert
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: Dazza

HPE Storeonce

Post by gingerdazza »

We have several large multi-TB VMs. If we were to back them up onto HPE Storeonce, I realise that "reverse incremental" isn't supported, and I understand that Veeam does a straight VeeamZIP-like per VM file backup to SO. But, what is best practise here for ongoing incrementals when using SO? Do we still need to run regular weekly Active fulls? Or is it fine with SO to just run forward incremental forever? I'm concerned about likely backup time on large VMs to a SO if I have to keep doing regular active fulls.

I also see that the synthetic full process is offloaded to SO. So assume this is best practise? But Will Surebackup function via SO as with synthetic fulls I think BP is to use Surebackup in case of corruption?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: HPE Storeonce

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

There's a requirement to schedule periodic full backups (either active or synthetic) when backing up to HPE StoreOnce over Catalyst, to minimize the backup chain length, since this storage has a limit on the number of concurrently opened files. Yes, you can use SureBackup for backups verification.