Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
TSuess
Lurker
Liked: never

Storagesnapshot on Netapp cDot

Post by TSuess »

Hello

Who of you has a Netapp cDot system in use?

We migrated from 7-mode to cDot Ontap 9.1 and can only limited use the Storagesnapshot function.
Once a backup job has VMs of different LUNs or a VMs has multiple LUNs, only one Storagesnapshot is taken to the first LUN, and other Storagesnapshots fail with the message "Failed to create snapshot for LUN ...... ..... device busy ".
Now I could change our backup concept so that I create a job per LUN, which we do not want for different reasons. In addition, how do I backup an Exchangeserver with 5 DAGs distributed on 5 LUNs?
The case for this I opened 5 weeks ago. The Netapp support only sees that several snapshots requests parallel taken instead serially.

The Veeam support has as the only solution the conversion of the jobs and the recommendation my problem here in the forum to describe. With the statement, if even more report the problems have, they will be invest more time. :cry: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Has anyone similar problems?

Case #02201689

Best regards
Thomas
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Storagesnapshot on Netapp cDot

Post by foggy »

Hello Thomas, this is a known issue, we're going to address it in one of the following updates. For now you have to use workaround mentioned by support engineer. Thanks.