Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
frankive
Service Provider
Liked: 134 times
Full Name: Frank Iversen

not upload latest restore points

Post by frankive »

Hi,
testing VAW to CC.
If we disable lan and take a backup is goes to the backup cache.
good.
if we enable lan, it STILL backups to backup cache and not VCC. Tried to restart the veeam agent but it says it wont take the new restore points up to the CC since the last restore points is in the backup cache.
question:
why doesn't VAW automatically push the restore points in the cache folder automatically when lan is established, or, how do the customer manually trig this? hopefully this should be automatic...
frankive
Service Provider
Liked: 134 times
Full Name: Frank Iversen

Re: not upload latest restore points

Post by frankive »

This issue seems to have fixied itself. I guess there must be a periodic check and then it uploads, not immidiately. I was away from the office for about 2 hours and it was done syncing when I was back again.
Would be cool to now when it syns just for a reference :)
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: not upload latest restore points

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Frank,

Cache needs to be synced with CC before VAW starts to backup directly to CC again. So if you have one restore point in cache and CC is available backup will be stored in cache and then synchronized with primary destination. If cache is empty – backup goes directly to target location.