Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
oshvitzon1
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Ben Erez

Feature Request : File log & reporting

Post by oshvitzon1 »

Hi ,
oddly enough , during file level backup to cloud connect there is no report or any local or remote log that specifies which files are being backed up.
the cilent can't be sure whats going on and me as a VCSP or even locally can't tell if a file has been backed up.
please add a file list to the standard log and an optional report with folder and file list as any other normal backup software
Cheers
Ben
Ben erez
Churchill Computers - IL
oshvitzon1
Novice

Re: Feature Request : Fike log & reporting

Post by oshvitzon1 »

File log & reporting , that is :shock:
Ben erez
Churchill Computers - IL
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Feature Request : File log & reporting

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Ben,
Good request, thank you. One question – why user would like to see the exact same list of files in every backup session? Or you are talking about scenario when the backup job is configured by you and you would like to provide the info what’s actually is included in the backup to the end user? Thanks!
oshvitzon1
Novice

Post by oshvitzon1 »

Hi ,
from the user point of view (as a report) it will show only the backed up files for that session , the backup is incremental so every report will contain the list of folders and the list of files that have changed only since last backup (only new and updated).
for my needs as a VCSP and admin i know what is included cause i choose the files and folders necessary but i don't have any log or report to show me what has been actually backed up , again , a list of updated files for every day. i find it hard to rely only on a mail that says "completed" without any info or data.
if it will be on a standard report then i can send it also to the end user , if it will be a Full log then it will be for my needs only.

Hope that makes it clearer
Ben erez
Churchill Computers - IL
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the clarification. Noted as potential product enhancement. Cheers!