Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
pronto
Expert
Liked: 4 times

Replication data during ESX management interface

Post by pronto »

Hi Community,

we installed two new ESX hosts with multiple network interfaces. One of these interfaces is connected to a 100 Mbit/s port on the switch and represent the management interface, the other interfaces are connected in different subnets by using a 1Gbit/s interface. Now we configured a replication job from one host to another one, with exact the same network configuration like the source host but the replication data is using the management interface instead the related 1Gbit interface, what causes a poor bandwith with about 10 MB/s. Is there a possibility to configure the interface which the replication data should use?

Thanks in advance & Bye Tom
mma
Service Provider
Liked: 21 times
Full Name: Marcel

Re: Replication data during ESX management interface

Post by mma »

Check this:

veeam-backup-replication-f2/feature-req ... 44592.html

If you don't have a vCenter:
You can add your replication host to veeam with the "fast" IP and use it as replication target.
pronto
Expert
Liked: 4 times

Post by pronto »

Servus mma,

Okay but we don't have further IP addresses for the host system, only the management IP address. The other NICs are only connected to a vswitch for each subnet we provide, no IP address is needed on the host system and currently I don't know if it is a good idea to configure multiple ip addresses for a host system. I have to take a deeper look into this. Finaly I guess I can't change this behaviour as long as I do not have a second IP for the host connected to a faster port on the switch, isn't it?

Thanks & Bye Tom
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Try to deploy proxies on both ends to use hotadd.