Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
wa15
Veteran
Liked: 25 times

Feature Request: Granular Permissions

Post by wa15 »

Hello,

As a 30+ person IT organization, it would be great if Veeam would offer more granular permissions. Currently, there are only 4 permission roles which is not quite enough for delegating permissions in a larger IT organization. For instance:

It would be great if we could remove the option of OVERWRITING files or VMs during restore operations.
Allowing restores to be done only on select VMs
Allowing restores and deletions of imported backups, but not allowing deletion of actual (non-imported) backups.

I know that some granular permissions are available in Enterprise Backup Manager but it would be awesome to have these in the console as well.
jmm
Influencer
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: JMM

Re: Feature Request: Granular Permissions

Post by jmm »

Hello, this is a feature Request for my organization too we are smaller (20+) but faced the same problem (and we got Enterprise Edition).
Granular permissions are limited to the web interface.

Veeam manage rights at the file level (if the credentials of the operator are not ok he cannot restore at file level)

But for our security manager it is not enough, he ask me to manage rights per VM : "that operator cannot access that "VM" and cannot see it .."
hath0008
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Steven Hathaway

[MERGED] Granular Security/Roles needed

Post by hath0008 »

Veeam's Roles are not granular enough.

Specifically, I have a Sys Admin that has been managing Tape backups for years with Avamar. I would like him to continue that role but in order to simply move a newly imported tape to the Free pool, he needs to be a VEEAM Backup Administrator (full access). Additionally, I have Admins that need to do restores of specific servers. I can manage granular recovery through Backup Enterprise Manager for Guest Files, Exchange Items, and Databases but not for SharePoint Restores.

I would like to see more granular controls of what users can do within the VEEAM environment.