Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
rrgage
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ron Gage

Monitoring VMware View

Post by rrgage »

Hi Everyone:

Can the MP be utilized to monitor a VMware View environment. I am looking for per-pool statistics like number of active desktops, desktops in any error state, and so on.

Thanks!
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Re: Monitoring VMware View

Post by sergey.g »

Hi Ron,

I'm afraid we do not have any tight VMware Horizon/View integration as of now, but we can still monitor the underlying vCenter.
Also if we are talking about automated desktop pool, it should have a naming convention which could be used to create a group in SCOM and create views with alerts from VMs in the pool and more. Also automated pool is configured to use certain Resource Pool, so even some common resource usage metrics could be obtained.

Also Vmware Horizon has settings to specify a syslog host, if you have a single collector, you can enable syslog on it and point Horizon server syslog messages to this collector. If you have mutiple collectors, you can install one on extensions service server and then target an alert rule for critical Horizon syslog events and target it to vCenter for example, the object on VES is called "Veeam link to vCenter or vSphere Host".

Let me know if you want more details or have any other questions.