Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
flavor4real
Expert
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: DS

SureBackup Option

Post by flavor4real »

Hello,

We have the latest Veeam 5.0.1, the licensing says standard. I was wondering how I can get the surebackup option.
Currently, when I click the sure backup option, it displays a veeam backup and replication advertisment page.

I'm getting a bit confused here, cause when I review the web site it looks like that surebackup is a part of veeam backup and replication. But then we, have the standard license and on the other hand it looks like we need the enterprise license.

thx,
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: SureBackup Option

Post by Gostev »

Hello, please refer to Manual Recovery Verification chapter of sticky FAQ topic. Thanks!
flavor4real
Expert

Post by flavor4real »

Hello,
sorry for the question. I understand that v5 Enterprise Edition provides fully automated recovery verification that performs all of the tasks automatically, including running required test scripts against each VM. It even creates and manages isolated test environment automatically for you. This allows you to perform DR test every single day, with review of email report showing recovery verification job results being the only manual activity in the whole process.

See, .. the application was installed when I started in my organization and I'm new to it too. From what I understand I should be able to "with review of email report showing recovery verification job results being the only manual activity in the whole process."

correct me if i'm wrong but is there something missing? The email report I receive only has the basic information of what Vm were succesful and which one not.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

flavor4real wrote:I understand that v5 Enterprise Edition provides ... email report showing recovery verification job results
You said you have Standard Edition, so obviously you will not have any features of Enterprise Edition, including this email report.
flavor4real
Expert

Post by flavor4real »

that's what I thought. thanks for the respond. Like I mentioned I'm new with the veeam and everything was installed when I got here. I'll get on it and get them to get the enterprise version. thanx
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

You may want to find out when did the organization purchased our tool, as you may very well be eligible for free upgrade to Enterprise Edition. Let me know.