Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
DaveWatkins
Veteran
Liked: 97 times

Re: Error: related to file system limitation?

Post by DaveWatkins »

rnt-guy wrote:I'm confused, so should I be setting the cluster size to something larger? to What? Our largest file is 2TB (database image file). Should I use 8192 to be safe and just eat the disk space savings it loses?

Also wondering if I there's any reason I can't just create another volume formatted correctly and copy the files there and then point veeam to that location? Will that constitute a reseed process instead of moving it back?
4k is the maximum size, that's what /L does and you can't tell it what size to use, without /L it's 1024, with /L it's 4096
apur321
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Shoaib Nasir

Post by apur321 »

We are trying to backup 3.6 TB file server VM and it is keep failing and Veeam Support sent me the following KB
https://www.veeam.com/kb1893

Workaround mentioned in this KB

1. Disable Windows deduplication - -- We are not using deduplication
2. Un-dedupe backup files: copy backup files to a temporary folder, delete original backup files and move copied files back to the original location. -- not sure what to do here?????
3. Disable NTFS compression on backup repository volume. ----How to do this ???????????????

Support are working on email only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are new to Veeam and support is not great so far!!!!

Any help will be greatly appreciated.....
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Hello Shoaib, could you please describe your initial issue, give us some essential details about the setup, and also provide your support case ID? Thanks.