Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
amgadsourial
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Amgad Sourial

Veeam agent v2.0.0.700 Fails on file level backup

Post by amgadsourial »

Hi Guys,

I've installed Veeam agent for window and started a file level backup. The full backup was successful then when I removed manually one folder from its location Veeam reported that the folder could not be found because it was still selected in the configured backups.

The problem now is that Veeam fails the whole backup job because it could find one of the selected folders and didn't move forward to backup the other ones.

I've opened a case with Veeam support # 02283450 and the Veeam tech reported that the backup job should report a warning/error saying that one folder couldn't be found. But when I asked him why didn't the software continue to backup the rest of the selected backups this was his answer:

"Yes, we tested this in the lab and it is normal behavior in the current design.
Now if you would to see this logic changed, then you may want to make a feature request on the forums.
However, as I mentioned, this is the current behavior by design."

So now if one of the selected folders in a file level backup disappeared from it location and was still selected in the configured backups the whole job will fail and Veeam agent won't move forward to backup the rest.

I was wondering if this can be changed in the future in the next versions to allow Veeam agent for Windows to send a warning about the missing files/folders but to continue backing up the rest of the selected backups instead of failing the whole job.

Thanks...
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Veeam agent v2.0.0.700 Fails on file level backup

Post by Dima P. »

Hello amgadsourial,

Please clarify was that a source folder selected for backup or it was subfolder under the source folder? Thanks.
amgadsourial
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Amgad Sourial

Post by amgadsourial »

Hi Dima,

This was the error:

[17.08.2017 03:22:38] <01> Error Cannot find folder C:\ServerFiles\Home\edna\Kelly

This was the plan:

I have moved the folder home\edna\kelly\credit union to home\edna\credit union when we got the error mentioned above.

Thanks...
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

What folder was checked backup wizard to be the source of backup job? C:\ServerFiles\Home\edna\Kelly or C:\ServerFiles\Home\edna\

Thanks!