Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Ctek
Service Provider
Liked: 13 times

Feature Request - Backup Groups and Planned Maintenance

Post by Ctek »

HI,

I haven't searched extensively if those feature was already asked yet but i'll go ahead anyway.

1-

Since we manage 100+ jobs in each of our Veeam environments, one thing that would be great would be to add a grouping feature. This group feature could be used both as a mean to categorize backups visually but also to manage them as a group. Finally, also that group can be nested (collapsed) in the GUI.

By managing a group I mean:

-Stop, start or disable a group of backups.
-Edit the groups of backups for similar options. One edit options would be to set the schedule date for the group and have an option to start each backups with a specified interval (30min, etc) between each.
-Have the possibility to have a single email report of the backup group.
-Have Powershell cmdlets to manage them as well

2-

Having a planned maintenance feature for jobs where you can set a period without any running backup in advance. When we have our monthly maintenances, I have to manually disable the jobs each time and it would be a bliss to plan this ahead. This feature could do both ALL jobs or selected jobs only. I understand that this can be scripted but i would be nice to have it in the GUI.

Dan
VMCE
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Feature Request - Backup Groups and Planned Maintenance

Post by foggy »

Thanks for the feedback, Dan. There are a coupe of threads discussing similar requests:

Feature Request: put jobs under "backups" into folders
Feature Request - Maintenance Window