RESTful knowledge exchange
trigger
Novice
Liked: never

License requirements for RESTful API

Post by trigger »

Hello,

We are running Veeam Backup & Replication for our VMware clusters and we want to integrate jobs and statuses for one of our internal portals.
What we currently have is three Veeam nodes, some proxies and an enterprise manager. We pay per server we backup and the enterprise manager is standard edition.

The issue I see is that I get 403 forbidden when i try to query /api/jobs but it works fine for some other like /api/backupServers.
I have searched through the forums and googled some and found out that this is probably because our license for the enterprise manager is now allowed to use the RESTful API to it's full potential.

I authenticate against the RESTful API with HTTP authentication with a user that has the Portal Administrator roll.

What type of license would we need to upgrade to in order to just be able to retrieve information from the API, such as jobs, we don't care much about automation, starting jobs etc we just want to grab the information such as statuses etc.
Anybody know?

Thanks for any help :)
Best regards
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: License requirements for RESTful API

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello,

You need to use Enterprise Plus edition if you want to use RESTful API. See this link for more info> http://www.veeam.com/backup-version-sta ... rison.html

Thank you!
trigger
Novice

Post by trigger »

Hello Vitaliy,
Thanks for your response.

I think that kind of an odd thing to have, but I guess I was right.
However it's kind of hard to motivate a tripling in price for a API feature, do you know if there is any possiblity to bake in the enterprise manager features in our usage-based subscription?

I guess we will have to live without it otherwise, thanks for the swift response.
Best regards
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

I don't think that is the case. But it might be worth double checking licensing questions with your sales representative.

Also, I'm wondering whether it's possible to integrate simple PS scripts into your internal portal anyhow. (VB&R PS snap-in is available in every paid product edition, and allows to get the information you're after).

Thanks.
trigger
Novice

Post by trigger »

Hello,

Thanks, I have tasked my manager to get in touch with our sales representative.
I dont think we would go down the route of using PowerShell scripts, the product we are integrating with is a PHP-based inventory system.

Thanks for the help.
Best regards
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

pwinkeler
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Paul Winkeler

Post by pwinkeler »

As the OP noted, there are some API calls that work without a Plus license. Is there a master list of such calls?
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

The general rule is that in order to get full access to RESTful APIs you need to have a Ent+ license. We don't track exclusions from this rule, so, no there is no such list. Thanks.