Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
AlienX
Lurker
Liked: never

[02286775] Veeam Exchange Restore filling up VeeamFLR folder

Post by AlienX »

Hello,
I have spoken to a support representative who was part of your 1st line support team, however I just would like a 2nd or 3rd line teams response who might have a better understanding of this section of the product.
When attempting to restore a mailbox from MS Exchange using the Veeam Exchange Explorer the C Drive of the server I am using fills up, the server also happens to be the mountpoint server as well.

Is this normal for Veeam Exchange Restores? - i assumed it would just read from the storage and not copy the files to the mountpoint server for direct access?

If this is the case, I assume i would need to set the Veeam mountpoint servers C Drive to be a few terrabytes in size in order to mount my organisations exchange data?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: [02286775] Veeam Exchange Restore filling up VeeamFLR fo

Post by foggy »

C:\VeeamFLR folder shouldn't consume space, it's just a mount point for disks from backup file. Space could be consumed by the cache that contains all the changes performed by the file system with the VeamFLR folder contents, but it is located in a different place (C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local) and the changes are not that big typically. Are you positive the space is consumed by the VeeamFLR folder? How much space?

Anyway, please ask your engineer to escalate the case to a higher tier for closer investigation.