PowerShell script exchange
wures7
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Doung Wu

PreserveMACs parameter doesn't work.

Post by wures7 »

Hello,

Case # 02291022. I was told that support doesn't assist with scripting and directed me here.

I'm pulling the most recent backup from a job and restoring it to a another standalone Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V host as a clone with a new name. I have Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5. My Hyper-V host servers are all standalone, not clustered, and use local storage(no SAN).

The job runs with no errors returned. It restores with a new server name in Hyper-V manager but doesn't generate a new MAC address while using the the '-PreserveMACs $false' parameter.

Why doesn't it change the MAC? Thanks in advance.
Here is my full script.

Code: Select all

#Load Veeam Snapin. 
asnp VeeamPSSnapin 

#Connect to Veeam server. 
Connect-VBRServer -Server 'localhost' 

#Find the most recent restore point from a backup job and assign the point to the variable $restorepoint. 
$restorepoint = Get-VBRBackup -Name '01HVD-IT001_Backup' | Get-VBRRestorePoint -Name *01HVD-IT001* | Sort-Object $_.creationtime -Descending | Select -First 1 

#Starts a restore job with the most recent restore point to the destination host server. 
Start-VBRHvRestoreVM -RestorePoint $restorepoint -Server '01HV-HOST003' -Path 'E:\VirtualServers\01HVD-IT002' -VMName '01HVD-IT002' -PreserveVmID $false -PreserveMACs $false
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: PreserveMACs parameter doesn't work.

Post by veremin »

Looks like a bug. Let's wait till support team respond. Thanks.