Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
mikhailmol
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Mikhail Molchanov

One year free license expired within first several months

Post by mikhailmol »

Hi,
I was patiently waiting for Veeam Agent for Windows as I needed to back up a folder from one of our virtual servers which Veeam Backup and Replication that we have could not do that. When it was finally out and I set it up on our virtual server 2012 I was pretty sure it came with a one year license. I just checked and found out that the last backup that was made with the agent of that folder that we need daily backups was made on June 30th. I check and find out that the license expired and it said for details contact - "Contact person - public beta". I emailed that address with a licensing question on how to get that free one year license or how to get the free edition and if the free edition would be able to back up a folder from a server 2012 and the answer I got was to go to this forum and post my observations here and a product manager would assist me.

So I am eager to get helped. ;)
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: One year free license expired within first several month

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Mikhail,
"Contact person - public beta"
According to the email address your license was distributed with beta version, so expiration is expected. I am not aware of 1 year free license but there is a promo with 6-months subscription. You can also request NFR key here
mikhailmol
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Mikhail Molchanov

Post by mikhailmol »

Does a free version allow to back up a folder off a 2012 server? If yes, how can I get a license for Agent for Windows Free edition?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Yes you can do that with Free edition. License is not required - Veeam Agent for Windows runs in free edition without license being installed.