PowerShell script exchange
Nestea1
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Nestea1

How to Backup DirectPath VM

Post by Nestea1 »

Hi all
I have a VM with a DirectPath I/O Device and its not possible to backup if the vm running.

It is the only Way to stop and start the vm via script?
The following script dosent work:
C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -NoLogo -executionpolicy Remotesigned -Command Add-PS
Snapin VeeamPSSnapIn; Add-PSSnapin VMware.VimAutomation.Core; Connect-VIServer -Server 192.168.7.6; Stop-VMGuest -VM test-srv-aux2 -Server 192.168.7.6 -Confirm:0; do{$vm=Get-VM -Name test-srv-aux2}while ($vm.PowerState -eq "PoweredOn")

First problem ist the Error VMware.VimAutomation.Core is not installed on this computer.
But its installed under "C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\Infrastructure\PowerCLI\Modules\VMware.VimAutomation.Core"

And it ask for credentials, does veem need credentials if i start the Script with Veeam GUI (Pre-Job Script).

Thank you
tdewin
Veeam Software
Liked: 646 times
Full Name: Timothy Dewin

Re: How to Backup DirectPath VM

Post by tdewin »

Hi,

Powercli is the automation snapin from VMware so you need to get it separately from their site
Nestea1
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Nestea1

Post by Nestea1 »

How it is possible to backup with Veeam?

Are all DirectPath I/O Device a problem to snapshot? Or is a USB Adapter no problem?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Are all DirectPath I/O Device a problem to snapshot?
Correct.
How it is possible to backup with Veeam?
Shutdown VM and execute backup afterwards. Or stick to something like Anywhere USB as the way to present USB device.