Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
skayser
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Sebastian Kayser

Change attribute columns in job window? (Settings summary?)

Post by skayser »

Hi, to view backup job settings (e.g. Dedup or CBT on/off), currently, one has to go through the whole "Properties" wizard (click, click, click, click, Advanced, click, click, click) which, at least to me, feels tedious sometimes. Especially when I hit the "Wait a sec ... was it checked or unchecked when I looked up the job before this one?" moment.

Thus, when testing different job settings or when troubleshooting Veeam installations at customer sites, a job settings summary page or (IMHO even way better) the possibility to change/extend the list of columns in the "Jobs" window would be very helpful. Just like the vSphere client where columns can be added/removed on the fly. What do you guys think? I am using the PowerShell bindings in the meantime, an integrated option would nicer (because omnipresent) though. :D
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6710 times

Re: Change attribute columns in job window? (Settings summar

Post by Gostev »

Hi Sebastian, the jobs setting summary page is already available in the end of the wizard. We are enhancing wizards to simplify navigation, so in future you should be able to go directly to this summary page.

Editing the list of columns is of course good idea as well, but realistically I do not think we will have resources available to work on this type of minor enhancements in the close future.

Thanks!
skayser
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Sebastian Kayser

Re: Change attribute columns in job window? (Settings summar

Post by skayser »

Thanks very much for the feedback, Gostev (resource constraints understood and honest opinion appreciated). The current job summary screen is - at least for what I had in mind - of limited use, as it does only contain a subset of the job's settings. Simplified wizard navigation sounds excellent though, as it also helps for changing settings.Looking forward to it.