gmeurb
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Eric Urbaniak

Problems using Netapp Storagesnapshots in some Jobs

Post by gmeurb »

(Case # 02298162 )
Hello all,

I still have some problems with some Backup Jobs (B&R 9.5.0.1038).

Backups still hang for some hours at this step:
31.08.2017 12:39:22 :: Using backup proxy XXXXXX for retrieving Festplatte 1 data from storage snapshot.

I often interrupt this Backup-Job manually, because nothing is happened during many hours.

I´ve opened a Case and they told me to do the Upate 2 for 9.5 and reboot Veeam-Management-Server and Veeam-Proxy-Server. I´ve done this immediately . They also need the version from my Netapp (NetApp Release 9.0P2) and informations about the Infrastructure (Veeam-Proxy is still connected via iSCSI to Netapp-Storage).

So, now I make some changes on settings and find out that in the Job-setting, the Storage-Advanced Settings-Integration "Enable backup from storage snapshots" helps if I unmark the possibility to use this function.

I think it is a problem between Veeam B&R and the Netapp, but how can I find out what is the problem? Any experiences about this problems?

thanks and regards Eric
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Problems using Netapp Storagesnapshots in some Jobs

Post by foggy »

gmeurb wrote:So, now I make some changes on settings and find out that in the Job-setting, the Storage-Advanced Settings-Integration "Enable backup from storage snapshots" helps if I unmark the possibility to use this function
This basically disables the backup from storage snapshot. I'd recommend asking your engineer for deeper investigation, and escalate the case, if required.