Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
cojaxx8
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Peter

FEATURE REQUEST: More granular notification options

Post by cojaxx8 »

Hello,

It would be nice if there was more granular notification options within VBR.

For example, atm I only get notified of failure and warnings in jobs. However for SureBackup jobs, I would like to see success/warnings/errors. However I can only achieve this if I turn success back on for everything.

Regards,
Peter
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: FEATURE REQUEST: More granular notification options

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Your feature request has been noted. Also I'd like to ask why wouldn't you do the following:

1. Switch "success" back on in global notification settings.
2. Switch all jobs except SureBackup to use custom notification settings and disable "success" where needed.

Thanks
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Or if you have Veeam ONE you can customize notifications there more granulary.
mzced
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: MZ CED

[MERGED] SureBackup notification mail

Post by mzced »

Translated with google
I was able to set up a surebackup job and I would like to receive notification emails even in case of success, while for all other applications in the application I would like to receive only those of warning / fail.
For now, to receive them, I had to activate "notify on success" in the "general option / email setting".
Any help?

THANKS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sono riuscito ad impostare un job di surebackup e vorrei ricevere le mail di notifica anche in caso di successo mentre per tutti gli altri job dell' applicativo vorrei ricevere solo quelli di warning/fail.
Ad ora, per riceverli, ho dovuto attivare nella "general option/email setting" la spunta di "notify on success".
Qualche aiuto?

GRAZIE
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Please the topic above for a couple of hints to achieve what you're after. Thanks!
ggross
Lurker
Full Name: Greg Gross

[MERGED] Email Settings Being Ignored By Jobs - Veeam B&R v11

Post by ggross »

I have a newly installed Veeam B&R V11.0.0.825 install where job email settings and default email settings do not appear to be working correctly with both backup jobs and SureBackup jobs.

In order for my SureBackup jobs to email success emails, I've had to globally set the E-Mail settings to Notify on Success.
Global Settings

So that I don't flood my helpdesk with success emails, I set the backup job to only notify on Warning or Failure, but emails on the success jobs, which is not how the job is configured. They are also set with different email addresses, but the global settings are overriding the local job settings.
Backup Job Settings

SureBackup Job Settings

With V11 how do I properly configure the email settings so that I only get notified on backup job failures, but still can send email to my clients for SureBackup success?
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Email Settings Being Ignored By Jobs - Veeam B&R v11

Post by PetrM »

Hello,

If you receive notifications on successful backup job runs despite you selected custom settings with disabled notifications on success, then it looks like a technical issue and the best action plan would be to contact our support team. You may paste a support case ID over here for our reference.

Thanks!
ggross
Lurker
Full Name: Greg Gross

Re: Email Settings Being Ignored By Jobs - Veeam B&R v11

Post by ggross » 1 person likes this post

Case #04731314 was opened to address this issue.