Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
a.herzel
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Alexander Herzel

VAW Cloud Connect Seeding with encryption turned on

Post by a.herzel »

We have already done several seedings to our cloud-connect repository with VAW with success.
Now it´s the first time we need to seed an encrypted VAW job. After copying the files to our CC-repository followed by a rescan we tried to start the VAW-job. The job fails with the error "failed to get crypto key 'XXXXXX').

Since VAW has no repository-manipulating-function - how to overcome this error?

Thanks,
Alexander
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: VAW Cloud Connect Seeding with encryption turned on

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Alexander,

Have you changed encryption settings or password in the backup job? Thanks.
a.herzel
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Alexander Herzel

Post by a.herzel »

No no change was made.

We also tried the following:

First we deleted the VAW-job an recreated it WITHOUT encryption. We also deleted the whole tenant from our cloud infrastructure and recreated the tenant. Then we made a new seeding on usb-drive and imported it in our cloud repository. To our surprise the error "failed to get crypt key" persisted !!!???

The we completeley deinstalled VAW and reinstalled it - recreated everything on VAW side WITHOUT encryption and now it works.

But since we need encryption with this tenant the problem needs to be solved ...

Alexander
CraigThompson
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Craig Thompson

Post by CraigThompson »

We've got the same issue, I've just setup a new client with VAW and did a full seed copy to USB (with encryption) and then copied it to our Cloud Repo, Rescanned the repo. Updated the settings on the client VAW with Cloud Connect Repo and ran the job, I get Error: Failed to get crypto key '54cd60af-d5ec-4f30-a0fd-caff75dfab2a'

I first thought it was an issue with the USB so I collected another full seed but the same issue