Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
Mouka J.
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Jindrich Mouka

[Feature request] Custom Vm's growth report and Custom atr.

Post by Mouka J. »

Hello, we are looking for help in regards of custom reports. Our management asked for a very specific report about our infrastructure but we are unable to create appropriate report in Veeam ONE.

What are we looking for: Basically a modified Vm's growth report that would include more information. We want to track new machines without the need to consult other sources for additional information. For example we want to know who is the owner of the new system, what it is used for etc. We store these information in Custom attributes. The goal of this report is that our management can identify a machine with quick glance at the report without consulting us.

What we have tried: I've tried to create a custom report that would contain either new or all machines in our virtual environment and add the Custom attributes to the report. This worked only partially. I cannot choose which Custom attribute will be in the report and ALL are added to one column. This creates very messy reports with a lot of multiplicities.

Please, if there is any way how to create a custom report like the one we need, I would be happy to know how. If this is something that needs Support Case, then I will create one. Just let me know.

Thank you in advance.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: [Feature request] Custom Vm's growth report and Custom a

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Jindrich and welcome to the community!
Custom attributes are available in Custom Infrastructure report.
Choose Object Type = Virtual Machine and Custom Attribute as column.
As for combining blocks of different reports, try Report Builder.
Thanks!
Mouka J.
Novice

Post by Mouka J. »

Thank you for the answer, unfortunately custom reports containing Custom atribute is something I have tried, but such reports are unusable as I cannot choose which Custom atribute I can have in the report. All custom attributes are inserted into one column which creates a lot of duplicates. Is there any way how to separate each Custom attribute to it's own column?
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

Have you tried to use Custom Filter?
Mouka J.
Novice

Post by Mouka J. »

Hello, yes I did try it. I'm able to chose which Custom attribute I want to be shown, but the main issue remains, which is that all custom attributes are in one column which creates duplicates.

I have attached an example image of what I get from Veeam ONE custom report and what I would like to get:

Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

I`ve got your point. We will take your request into consideration.
Thanks!