Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
testerbob
Novice
Liked: never

NAS not found when browsing during restore

Post by testerbob »

I have never been able to get Veeam to list or browse to my QNAP NAS when trying to do a Bare Metal Recovery. I think the problem might even been bigger than that. I'm not confident that I could recover in ANY network environment unless I know the absolute path to the server/share/directory when my Veeam backup is stored. I can manually enter the full path and get to the backup but assumes you know what that is or are able to determine it. Could be real problem if you main system is down and you have no way of retrieving this info during a crash.

But trying to browse for a network device has NEVER worked. While I really like Veeam and appreciate what the team has delivered for free, I'm not sure I can rely on it to find my backups. Can this be improved. I was really hoping so with ver. 2.0 but I see no improvement.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: NAS not found when browsing during restore

Post by Dima P. »

Hello testerbob,

Have you tried to specify the UNC path manually? Browse option might not work due to routing issues or possible firewalls between recovery environment and your NAS.
testerbob
Novice
Liked: never

Post by testerbob »

I already said in my comments that I can enter the UNC path manually. That doesn't address the problem that network browsing doesn't work. And I use multiple of programs that boot from DOS into some GUI and I'm able to access the network drive without any problem. This is a Veeam problem
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

testerbob,

Thanks. To identify the root case we might need your application logs. Please open a support case via Control Panel > Support > Technical Support. Do not forget to share the case ID.