Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
dasiek
Lurker
Liked: never

create active full backup periodically option

Post by dasiek »

Hello

I've setup Veeam agent to start new backup at first Sunday of the month. Works fine on computer that is running all the time. There are computers that are not working on Sunday. Unfortunately when Sunday is skipped, next boot is not triggering Veeam to create full backup.
Am I doing something wrong? How to create full backup on machines that are not working on Sunday (without manual actions)

dasiek
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: create active full backup periodically option

Post by Dima P. »

Hello dasiek,

Can you please elaborate what you try to achieve? If the schedule is missed VAW creates a backup during next job run. Why this is not working for you? Thanks.
dasiek
Lurker

Post by dasiek »

I've created backup job to NAS from laptop. I want to new full backup at the begging of each month. On desktop computer working 24/7 Veeam created 6 Aug (Sunday) new big vbk file. On laptops not working on Sunday there is no backup 6 Aug (which is obvious ). Next backup is from 7 Aug (Monday)- small vib file. I was hoping for vbk file when Veeam start on Monday on this laptop.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

dasiek,

Thanks! Need to check with QA team (as this behavior does not sound correct). Stay tuned.
romainl
Lurker
Full Name: Romain L

Post by romainl »

Hello
Same here with version 2.0.0.700 Free Edition.
In addition to the backup that is not in full, the number of retention days is not good because the backups are kept almost indefinitely.
Example I put 7 days of retention if I put a backup at 18:00 and it never goes but starts at the start of the computer in the morning on some backup of my computers I find several full and too many incremental backups (almost 15 days instead of 7)
I get the impression that the previous backup chain is never deleted, which causes free space problem on my NAS...

Bye !
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Hi guys,

It appears that Active Full does not preserve ‘if computer is powered off at this time’ option. We marked this behavior as incorrect and will fix it in upcoming major release.
Example I put 7 days of retention if I put a backup at 18:00 and it never goes but starts at the start of the computer in the morning on some backup of my computers I find several full and too many incremental backups (almost 15 days instead of 7)

Kindly, take a look at this article regarding retention with Active Full - Active Full Backup.