Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
bunger
Expert
Liked: 10 times
Full Name: Bill Unger

1 VM in Copy Job is out of Sync

Post by bunger »

I have a nightly backup job that backs up 5 VMs to local storage. When that job completes, a copy job runs that sends them to an offsite Veeam datastore using WAN acceleration. When we originally configured this scenario, we brought the offsite device inhouse to perform the initial seeding due to the size of the VMs being backed up. Once the initial seed was in place, we moved the device back offsite.

Unfortunately, one of the larger VMs ( about 3.4TB ) stopped copying about 2 months ago due to a disk change on the VM.

The offsite device is now being used for additional tasks, so I can't bring it back in house to re-seed and there isn't a storage device large enough to copy the local datastore to take it offsite to re-seed.

Is there any option to somehow just re-seed that one VM? Essentially, I am trying to find a way to re-sync the offsite.

side note: we are running Veeam B& v9.0.0.1715

Thanks in advance!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: 1 VM in Copy Job is out of Sync

Post by foggy »

Hi Bill, for re-seed you need just a single VBK file, no need for the entire repository contents. You can use this procedure for that. Otherwise, if there is no device capable of the entire job VBK, you can make a full backup of this single VM, send it to a remote location, place in repository and make a new copy job there that will combine VMs from existing chain and the copied VBK into a single one. Then you will be able to map your existing remote copy job to this new VBK and proceed from there.