Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
bboklewski
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Bob B

Unable to create snapshot. Not enough free space.

Post by bboklewski »

Having an issue backup up a Linux box. The hd is partitioned for windows and Linux. I am only trying to backup the Linux partitions, which is around 60gb in total. I have almost 400gb of free space on my NAS box. I did the backup on Friday, and it got to 92% and failed with 'No space for snapshot'. I have tried just picking out the Linux partitions (60gb) and now it fails immediately when I tried on two different devices (Nas, Windows share) and I get 'Unable to create snapshot. Not enough free space on disks for snapshot data. Demand 1073741824 bytes free.'
Not sure what is going on here but space shouldn't be an issue here.
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1177 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Re: Unable to create snapshot. Not enough free space.

Post by nielsengelen »

Please contact support for assistance here, they can help you on how to increase this value.
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
bboklewski
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Bob B

Post by bboklewski »

Anything I can change on my end to get this to work? Hope support can respond here, trying to get this done asap.

Thanks!
JWester
Service Provider
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Joern Westermann

Post by JWester »

bboklewski wrote:Anything I can change on my end to get this to work? Hope support can respond here, trying to get this done asap.
Have a look at veeam.ini and you should find it out for yourself. Otherwise stick with the support. :-)