Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
falkob
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 31 times
Full Name: Falko Banaszak

Last Day of Month

Post by falkob »

Hello folks !

I have a question regarding the Backup Scheduling.
Iam missing the option to create an Active or Synthetic Full Backup on the last day of the month.

I have several customers who want an Active Full Backup on each last day of the month, which will be copied to Tape then.

In Veeam 9.5 there is no option for that.

Is there any Feature Request for this option already or any "easy-to-handle" workaround ? Maybe via PowerShell ?

Thank you very much !
VCP6.5-DCV, VCP6-DCV, VMCE, VMCA, Veeam Vanguard, VMware vExpert
https://www.virtualhome.blog
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: Last Day of Month

Post by DGrinev »

Hi and welcome to the community!

You can leverage this cmdlet with a PS script that starts Full Backup and schedule it once a month with a help of Windows Task scheduler. Thanks!
fafner
Novice
Liked: never

[MERGED] Periodic full backups on last day of month?

Post by fafner »

I can't figure that out. I can schedule the job on the last day of a month but it's always incremental. I can request full only for certain weekdays which seldomly match the job schedule. Seemingly I'm missing something here?
mma
Service Provider
Liked: 21 times
Full Name: Marcel

Re: Periodic full backups on last day of month?

Post by mma »

Denzil
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jon Williams

[MERGED] Full Backups starting on the 1st of the month

Post by Denzil »

We would like to configure Veeam B&R for Backup-to-Disk with Active Full backups on the 1st of the month and incrementals every day there after. Then, on the last day of the month / first day of the next month, copy the whole backup chain to tape, then delete that backup chain from disk. Unfortunately, I've just been advised by support (case ref 03134348) that this is not possible via the GUI and that I should post the issue on here for it to be considered for an enhancement request.

Currently to configure Veeam B&R to create an Active Full Backups, the only options via the GUI are either, on specific days (Mon/Tues/Wed etc) or, on the 1st / 2nd / 3rd / 4th / Last - Mon/Tues/Wed. This does not allow complete calendar months, or Accounting Periods, to be archived to tape in their entirety, in a single backup chain.

Support suggested we run a PS script via a scheduled task to run an Active Full backup, then a 2nd PS script configured in the Backup to Tape job to delete the previous backup chain, but this is clunky and I'm surprised Veeam does not allow for this configuration.

Please can this be included in a future release.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Last Day of Month

Post by foggy »

Thanks, Jon, your request is accepted.