Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
sandsturm
Veteran
Liked: 23 times

vPower NFS ports for Instant VM recovery

Post by sandsturm »

Hi

I tried to make an Instant VM recovery, but failed because of a firewalldrop.

My infrastructue looks as following:
Veeam Backupserver (Server1) in Networkzone 1
ESX Server with Management network in Networkzone 1
Server (Server2) with the following roles: Veeam Proxy, Repository, vPowerNFS, MountServer in Networkzone 2

I know the website with the required firewall ports and have implemented them, but when I try to make an Instant VM recovery from a virtual machine wich backup is stored on repository on Server2, the ESXi hosts tries wia Managementnetwork to make a connection to Server2 with port TCP 1058, i assume he wants to mount the nfs datastore from Server2?

Is this a default bevavior which isn't documented on veeam firewall port website? I assume, if I have to open tcp 1058, I have to open tcp 2049 as well for this connection?

thx
sandsturm
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: vPower NFS ports for Instant VM recovery

Post by DGrinev »

Hi,

You should open 1058+, 2049+ as it states in the Used Ports for the proper connection between Backup server and the vPower NFS Service Server.
sandsturm wrote:i assume he wants to mount the nfs datastore from Server2?
That's correct. Thanks!
Jean-Philippe
Influencer
Liked: 2 times

Re: vPower NFS ports for Instant VM recovery

Post by Jean-Philippe »

Hello, I have the same issue for Linux FLR restore, the port 1058 is dropped by the FW between ESXi and the proxy making the vPowerNFS service. In the Veeam ports list the 1058 is only required from Backup server to Windows server using vpower services... (that rule is ok for me) but can't find that from ESXi to Windows server using vpower services that the 1058 is required. Only the 111 is mentionned.

Happy if you can provide some help.
Best regards
Jean-Philippe