Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
MAS
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Version 1.5 Beta - Remove Proxy

Post by MAS »

This is associated with case 02336860. I apparently was too excited to get the production release of version 1.5 and consequently uninstalled the Beta before reading the installation instructions for the production release. Now I get an error when trying to install the production release that states "Another instance of Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 Proxy is already installed." How can I uninstall this after having already uninstalled the Beta?

The machine that I want to install Backup for Office 365 v1.5 was the Remote Proxy for Backup for Office 365 v1.5 Beta.

Thank you.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Version 1.5 Beta - Remove Proxy

Post by Mike Resseler » 1 person likes this post

MAS,

Go to command prompt (elevated) on the proxy and use "sc delete Veeam.Archiver.Proxy"
Evgeny_S
Veeam Software

Post by Evgeny_S »

Don't forget to delete beta config directory after service deletion - %programdata%\Veeam\Backup365.
MAS
Influencer

Post by MAS »

Mike,

Thank you. Unfortunately, I didn't receive notice that you had replied. Support provided some suggestions that didn't work. I was finally able to resolve this by renaming the folder C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup365\ConfigDB to ConfigDB.old and C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup365\ProxyDb to ProxyDb.old as well as renaming C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup365\Config.xml to Config.xmlold and C:\Programdata\Veeam\Backup3656\Proxy.xml to Proxy.xmlold. I also renamed the registry key HK_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 to OldVeeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365, exported the registry key HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Veeam.Archiver.Proxy then deleted it. After rebooting the server, I was able to install Veeam Backup for Office 365 1.5.

MAS
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

MAS,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that trouble but it does give us some additional information. Could you also let me know (by PM) what suggestions were proposed? If they didn't worked I would like to know to solve it for other people and in the long run to make sure that these upgrades get better

Thanks again
Mike