Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
pltit
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Veeam Backup & Replication - Trouble Adding Hyper-V Host

Post by pltit »

Hello - I am having trouble adding a Microsoft Windows Server 2016 host with the Hyper-V role installed to the backup infrastructure. The application reaches the 'detecting previously installed components...' stage and then fails with a message that says 'Network path not found, or invalid credentials supplied'. On other attempts, I have also seen an error message stating that the ADMIN$ share could not be accessed. I have double checked the IP address that I am entering for the host.

When I attempt to add the host, I am typing in the credentials like this: <Host>\Administrator. I am using the local Administrator account. I also tried to add the host using a different local administrator account, but the results were the same.

I have opened the following ports on the Hyper-V host using Windows firewall: TCP {135, 137, 139, 6160, 2500-5000, 6162, 49152-65535 and UDP {445}

Does anyone have any suggestions? When adding the server, I am selecting the 'Microsoft Hyper-V' option as this is a standalone server with the Hyper-V role installed. Also, I have successfully added a local Linux repository to the infrastructure, so I know at least that part is working.

Thank you
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: Veeam Backup & Replication - Trouble Adding Hyper-V Host

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Have you already tried the fixes provided in this article?

Thanks
pltit
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Re: Veeam Backup & Replication - Trouble Adding Hyper-V Host

Post by pltit » 1 person likes this post

Hello - I was able to resolve my issue. First, I removed and added all of the firewall rules for Veeam. Second, I followed the fixes mentioned in KB1914. Performing both of those items allowed me to add the server to the infrastructure.