Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
hyvokar
Veteran
Liked: 29 times

Feature request: Compare Group Policy Items

Post by hyvokar »

Hi!

I may have accidentally removed a group policy by an erroreous key press. The problem is, I don't know which one.
Luckily we have less than 50 policies, so it's somewhat quick to find from the backups.

Anyhow, some of the organizations have hundreds or thousands group policies. For them it'd be a nice feature to compare backed up group policies to the current policies on the DC, so they could instantly see, what has been deleted or changed.
Bed?! Beds for sleepy people! Lets get a kebab and go to a disco!
MS MCSA, MCITP, MCTS, MCP
VMWare VCP5-DCV
Veeam VMCE
hyvokar
Veteran
Liked: 29 times

Re: Feature request: Compare Group Policy Items

Post by hyvokar »

Also, when restoring Group policies, I get an warning

19.10.2017 20:16:40 Warning Item cn=ba8eee03-ea99-xxxx-xxxx-48e979f182b3,cn=Packages,cn=Class Store,cn=Machine,cn={881C6E79-xxx-xxxx-A85A-B26E3A701AF6},cn=Policies,cn=System,dc=DOMAIN,dc=local was restored with warnings (Type: Item; Source: DOMAIN.local; Target: )

Object restore completed with warning: cn=ba8eee03-ea99-xxxx-xxxx-48e979f182b3,cn=Packages,cn=Class Store,cn=Machine,cn={881C6E79-xxx-xxxx-A85A-B26E3A701AF6},cn=Policies,cn=System,dc=DOMAIN,dc=local. See log for more details.

Would be handy, if the GUI showed, what the actual warning was, so I would not need to start digging logs, or at minimum at least tell which log to check.
Bed?! Beds for sleepy people! Lets get a kebab and go to a disco!
MS MCSA, MCITP, MCTS, MCP
VMWare VCP5-DCV
Veeam VMCE
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Feature request: Compare Group Policy Items

Post by foggy »

hyvokar wrote:Anyhow, some of the organizations have hundreds or thousands group policies. For them it'd be a nice feature to compare backed up group policies to the current policies on the DC, so they could instantly see, what has been deleted or changed.
But there's the compare functionality in VEAD that should show the deleted object.