Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
vomek
Lurker
Liked: never

Manual Restore - going to Windows Boot Manager

Post by vomek »

Hi - I'm a new user of Veeam Agent (free) with very limited prior experience in the task I'm trying to accomplish.

I need to move Windows 10 from a 500GB Hitachi drive on a Lenovo ThinkPad laptop to a 525GB SSD, replacing the original drive on the same laptop. I have created the backup file on an external USB drive using the 'Entire Computer' option and have been able to restore ok via recovery media although I had to restore/partition manually. Although the post-restore restart went to the Desktop ok further restarts fail to see the new drive as a boot device (going to Windows Boot Manager) and I am unable to get back to the Desktop. UEFI/Legacy boot is enabled.

The software looked happy with the partitions when restoring however I don't know how best to proceed now and am hoping someone here will be able to guide me. :?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Manual Restore - going to Windows Boot Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Hi vomek,
I had to restore/partition manually.
Can you please clarify how you allocated the partitions? Have you restored the system reserved/EFI partition? Thanks.