Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
cgrvy
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Ciaran Garvey

Hide Drives on Backup Repository Server

Post by cgrvy »

Not really a technical question.

We have added a remove server that will act as a backup repository. The server has a number of drives, one or two will be used for Veeam and others will be used for other functions so we would like to hide these from the Veeam B&R server. Has anyone ever come across this and did you work it out?

Thanks!
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Hide Drives on Backup Repository Server

Post by PTide »

Hi,

The solution is simple, unless I'm missing something important about your infrastructure, -
when configuring the repository specify only those paths that you want to be used for backups. In case you worry about some rogue administrator choosing wrong disks then the problem might be solved with permissions set in disks' properties security tab.

Thanks
cgrvy
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Ciaran Garvey

Post by cgrvy »

I'm looking to set it up so that the other paths won't populate the list. I'm trying to hide the other drives from other Veeam admins (in case they do something silly etc).

Thanks
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Post by PTide »

hide the other drives from other Veeam admins (in case they do something silly etc).
Well, I'd say that by setting such restrictions you're fighting the consequences instead of fighting the cause. However, if I got the idea correctly then this should do the job.

Thanks