Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
mwatson536
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Mitch Watson

Question on Backup copy

Post by mwatson536 »

Hello,

I have been seeding out cloud backup copy repository, now when it finishes one server I will disable the job and then add the new server to seed. I notice that even though I know there are new restore points on the previous servers I seeded but they are not being copied up. I get "Latest restore point already copied", now with that said here is our config. I do reverse incremental backups of the servers but I am keeping up to 90 restore points on the local storage. On the cloud I have the copy set to 1 day starting at such and such time keeping 3 restore points up in the cloud. So as I understand it there would be a full, and 2 restore points up there and when the third comes up the oldest gets added to the full.

Thoughts?

Thank you
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Question on Backup copy

Post by foggy »

Hi Mitch, I'd let our engineers to take a closer look at your setup. If there's a new restore point on source that was not yet copied and no restore points were copied during the current copy interval, the new restore point should be processed. Please contact technical support for investigation. Thanks.
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1408 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Post by Andreas Neufert »

mwatson536
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Mitch Watson

Post by mwatson536 »

I ran a sync now and it seems to be working, It is going through all the server and coping up restore points. Now not sure if it will keep going that will have to wait untill all jobs are done so I will update.

Thank you