Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
oliverL
Enthusiast
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Oliver

How to get the Partner Preview as a partner?

Post by oliverL »

Since Update 3 is near i wanted to install the new Version in my Lab to see what changed but i can't find any downloadlink, also i need to compare the update-procedure against other Backupsoftware which isn't possible because my LAB is already on update 2...

Even in the Partner Portal there are no Downloads.

Could you please provide me a Downloadlink for the RTM build: 9.5.0.580 (Partner Preview)?

many thx!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: How to get the Partner Preview as a partner?

Post by veremin »

Update 3 RTM is not available yet. By the way, the referenced build number is also incorrect - once released, Update 3 will surely have higher number.

So, I'm not sure where you got this information regarding RTM availability and particular build number, could you elaborate?

Members of our Service Provider program will receive an RTM build at least two weeks prior to Update 3 release (standard procedure).

Thanks.
oliverL
Enthusiast

Post by oliverL »

veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

It's RTM build for 9.5, not for 9.5 Update 3:
Gostev wrote:Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5
RTM build: 9.5.0.580 (Partner Preview)
If you're a member of VCSP program, you should not worry about that, as the RTM build for Update 3 will be provided for you at least two weeks in advance.

Thanks.
oliverL
Enthusiast

Post by oliverL »

Could you please tell me where i can get the base Version of 9.5 without any updates?
Everywhere i look i only see the Download which already has update 2 included :(
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

You should be able to request it via support ticket, but could you tell me why you need 9.5 GA, instead of 9.5 Update 2 (which has number of bugs fixed, and number of features added)? Thanks.
oliverL
Enthusiast

Post by oliverL »

I need to create a documentation about the gotchas of an Veeam Upgrade Procedure which includes the deployment of Veeam Windows Agents to different Hosts.
I wanted to use the update 3 to have the latest Version for that, but since i can't get a Hand on it i have to use the old updates...

Fortunately i found on our own share the GA version and could already document the Upgrade Procedure to Update 1 and need to see if something changed and if i can just upgrade from GA to Update 2 without any worries.

As for the Veeam Windows Agent i'm using Lab-Installation which is already running Update 2 so that it works with the Windows Agent - but that won't work as described in you KB (opened a new Thread).