Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
kpetersen
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Keith Petersen

[Feature Request] Per VM disk Growth rate

Post by kpetersen »

I would like to be able to create a report that would show me the “Absolute space growth” over a multiple year span, similar to what is found under "Guest Disk Free Space", but for all servers and not just the top 10? It would also be nice to have a report that would give you a "Growth Rate percentage" for each Guest VM disk over a specified time frame. I don't see this option in the current version.

thank you
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: [Feature Request] Per VM disk Growth rate

Post by Vitaliy S. »

kpetersen wrote:similar to what is found under "Guest Disk Free Space", but for all servers and not just the top 10?
In the report details you can find all other VMs, not only top 10. On a side note, why do you want to track it for virtual disks? The reason why I ask this is that you can track data growth based on the volumes/guest OS disks or am I missing some details in this FR? Thanks!
kpetersen
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Keith Petersen

Post by kpetersen »

sorry for the slow reply. Correct, I can see the other VMs in the next pages of the report but that does not give me a cumulative growth rate over the 1 year time frame. That report only shows the daily growth rate. I was hoping to get a report that would have a nice graph showing each guest disks total growth percentage and how many GB's it has grown.

As for the type of disk i would like to monitor, my wording may have been confusing, i would like to track by guest Disks.

thank you
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

The cumulative growth can be seen in the Monitor Client over here.

P.S. let me check the report parameters on Monday (don't have access to the lab right now), as I was under impression that you can change that and select a time period that would be equal to 1 year.