Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
smartsys
Enthusiast
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Jeroen Leeflang

Feature Request: KPI Backup report per VM

Post by smartsys »

Hello,

There is now a report to report backup job history info, but if VM's are added or deleted to jobs, this doesn't mean very much over a longer period.
A job can be success full, but if a VM is moved to another job it becomes very difficult to track the backup history of this VM.

Is it possible to add a report to Veeam One with a per VM backup status history containing a percentage of succes, warning and failure rates in a chart for a period per week, month, year and life of VM?
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Feature Request: KPI Backup report per VM

Post by Shestakov »

Hello,
I would suggest using VM Backup Status to get the desired info.
Is that what you are looking for?
Thanks!
smartsys
Enthusiast

Post by smartsys »

No.

I want a report that shows the number of backups made of a particular VM and a pie graph that reports the percentage backups success, warning and failed. This report must be created each month, quarter or year.

In this case we need to provide backup statistics to our management that shows how many backups of a particular system are finished with status "succes". This number must be higher than, lets say, 95%. Our management will accept this value or will give us the task to make sure this value is 96 or 97% the next year and we need an easy way to show them we succeeded.

I can now only show that a certain job finished successful, but this does not provide them with the data for a specific VM.
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

I see your point and your request is taken into account.
For now I recommend to use VM Backup Status. You can set several weeks as an interval.
By the way, how often do you backup VMs (weekly/daily/several times a day)?
smartsys
Enthusiast

Post by smartsys »

We backup VM's on different intervals, most daily, some weekly and also use replication, most 1 time a day, but some 6 times a day to a remote location and use backup copies for archiving purposes.
It all depends on the function and importance of the specific VM to the company.
smartsys
Enthusiast

Post by smartsys »

If possible than also add a function to report multiple VMs total backup status over a given period (week, month, quarter, year) in table form.
VM "name" total number of backups x, percentage succes, percentage warning, percentage failed.
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

Got it. Thanks for the detailed request!