Enthusiast
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Oliver

WinAgent Deployment can't deploy configuration.xml

Post by oliverL »

Hi all,

i'm currently testing the deployment described in this KB:
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/agent ... tml?ver=20

Currently i'm doing all those commands in a cmd step by step to see what happens and would then use it in a netlogonscript.

I've used my laptop where i created the Backupjob with the Windows Agent and run the export-command.

No i used a fresh Windows 10 VM ran the silent install waited and got 2 errors:

1. Adding the License
When i want to add the License (Veeam Availability Suite NFR which has 94 days left). I get the following errors:
Failed to perform the operation.
Invalid execution parameter: license.
License is not installed.

This is my command (I used net use X: \\domain\netlogon as the path since everybody in the domain can get there):
"C:\Program Files\Veeam\Endpoint Backup\veeam.agent.configurator.exe" -license /X:\"Veeam\veeamlicense.lic" /w

2. Importing the configuration File with the following command:
"C:\Program Files\Veeam\Endpoint Backup\veeam.agent.configurator.exe" -import /f:"X:\Veeam\configuration.xml"

And there i get the Error
Failed to perform the operation.
The configuration file you are trying to import does not match the product edition

So if it does not match the product edition, what did the Backup-Job export do?
I'm just trying to import the same Job from my Laptop to a new Windows 10 VM.
oliverL
Enthusiast
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Oliver

Re: WinAgent Deployment can't deploy configuration.xml

Post by oliverL »

Since i can't edit the post i've enclosed my xml-file with the configuration which i exported...

The Server will be the same as from the laptop where i did the export and yeah, unfortunately this is a complete one-liner :(

Code: Select all

<ExecutionResult Version="2.0.0.700" ExitCode="0"><Data><ApplicationSettings CryptType="10" CryptId="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000" CheckUpdates="True" DisableScheduledBackups="False" DisableControlPanelNotification="False" ThrottleBackupActivity="True" ShowBackupDuration="False" DisableBackupOverMeteredConnection="True" LockDownMode="False" ServiceProviderMode="False" LastCheckForUpdates="10/27/2017 12:02:47" LogoText="Veeam Agent" /><JobInfo CryptType="10" CryptId="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000"><SourceInfo><EpDiskFilter BackupMode="0" BackupSystemState="False" BackupUserFolders="False"><IncludeMasks /><ExcludeMasks /></EpDiskFilter></SourceInfo><TargetInfo Type="3" ServerName="Veeam-Server" ServerPort="10001" RemoteRepositoryName="Default Backup Repository"><ServerCredentials UserName="bWVudGlxXGFkbWlub2w=" Password="Enter the password here" /></TargetInfo><StorageInfo CompressionLevel="5" BlockSize="3"><Encryption Enabled="False" /></StorageInfo><RetentionInfo RestorePointsCount="2" /><CacheInfo Enabled="False" /><GuestInfo><Applications Enabled="False" ProcessTransactionLogs="True"><Sql Mode="1"><Credentials UserName="" Password="" /><Backup Enabled="False" Expirable="True" BackupMinutes="15" ExpireDays="15" /></Sql><Oracle Mode="0" LifetimeHours="24" SizeGB="10" AccountType="0"><Credentials UserName="" Password="" /><Backup Enabled="False" Expirable="True" BackupMinutes="15" ExpireDays="15" /></Oracle><SharePoint><Credentials UserName="" Password="" /></SharePoint><Script Mode="0" PreFreezePath="" PostThawPath=""><Credentials UserName="" Password="" /></Script></Applications><Indexing Enabled="False" Type="3"><IncludedFolders /><ExcludedFolders><String value="%windir%" /><String value="%ProgramFiles%" /><String value="%ProgramFiles(x86)%" /><String value="%ProgramW6432%" /><String value="%TEMP%" /></ExcludedFolders></Indexing></GuestInfo><ScheduleInfo RunManually="False" ResumeMissedBackup="True" EjectRemovableStorageOnceBackupIsCompleted="False" AtLogOff="False" AtLock="False" AtStorageAttach="False" UseBackupWindow="False" Version="1" LimitBackupsFrequency="True" MaxBackupsFrequency="2" CompletionMode="0" FrequencyTimeUnit="1" Type="1"><DailyInfo Time="02/13/2017 00:30:00" Kind="0" Days="Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday" /><SyntheticFull Enabled="False" /><ActiveFull Enabled="False" /><RetryInfo Enabled="True" Times="3" TimeoutMinutes="10" /></ScheduleInfo><StatisticsInfo AverageDuration="00:32:32.7210000" TotalSize="141537106432" LastPointSize="141537106432" /></JobInfo></Data><Notifications><Notification Message="Configuration has been exported to C:/Veeam/config.xml" /></Notifications></ExecutionResult>