Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Bruce Mc
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Bruce Mc Lintic

Server 2008R2 VSS Snapshot Error

Post by Bruce Mc »

HI there Guys, I have been going though this forum to find anything that may help me to get my backups working on my 2008 R2 server. It is our WSUS server. it is not attached to a domain. I have tried many of your fixes here, Rebooting. Stopping the SQL VSS service, renaming and reinstalling the MSVCR100.DLL file. Reinstalling Veeam too.. but thus far it still keeps failing... Server is up to date with Updates. no Space issues. I really need help please... Error log below :

Veeam Agent 'Backup Job WSUS-SRV' finished with Failed.
Job details: Creating VSS snapshot Error: Failed to create snapshot: Backup job failed.
Cannot create a shadow copy of the volumes containing writer's data.
VSS asynchronous operation is not completed. Operation: [Shadow copies commit]. Code: [0x8004230f].
Error: Failed to create snapshot: Backup job failed.
Cannot create a shadow copy of the volumes containing writer's data.
VSS asynchronous operation is not completed. Operation: [Shadow copies commit]. Code: [0x8004230f].
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Server 2008R2 VSS Snapshot Error

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Bruce,

Kindly, get in touch with our support team via Control Panel > Support > Technical Support (it's free). Please do not forget to share the case ID for future reference.
ZiggyMon
Lurker
Liked: 2 times

Post by ZiggyMon »

Did you find a solution to this? I am running into the same issue.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

ZiggyMon,

Since the case was not shared I can’t provide any details on the resolution. The only thing I can suggest is to create a support case, but please do not forget to share the case id for future reference. Thank you.
mci007
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Daniel Marquis

Post by mci007 »

I have the same issue: support case number is 02448023, i have the same OS and error codes.

Support said they would get back to me. any help would be appreciated. Mine is a fresh install of Windows 2008 R2 SP1, Installed all updates before i tried to install Veeam Backup for Windows, The ISO is created fine, but the backup fails every time.

I did a fresh install 3 times and it does the same thing every time, However, I also did a fresh install of 2012 R2 and installed all updates and it worked just fine, so it is limited to windows 2008 R2, Please help.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Daniel,

First: Welcome to the forums!
Second: Thanks for writing the support case # here. That makes it easier to follow. Please keep working with our engineers so they can dive into the problem. Are you using the free version or a paid version?