Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
rlhumphrey
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Richard Humphrey

Veeam Explorer

Post by rlhumphrey »

Hey all, new forum user here. This board has helped me a few times with existing posts.

I am using Veeam B&R version 9.5.0.1038 and I have an issue with Veeam Exchange Explorer. When attempting to recover an individual file/folder to a persons mailbox, it prompts me for a login. Now I do have Exchange Impersonation set up (i believe its correct). In the logs I keep seeing the following errors.

Validating mailbox 'user@example.com'...
11/3/2017 7:59:16 AM 1 (11748) Starting to resolve domain controller in domain: example.com...
11/3/2017 7:59:18 AM 1 (11748) Domain controller not found in the domain "example.com".
11/3/2017 7:59:18 AM 1 (11748) Looking for mailbox 'user@example.com' in Global Catalog 'LDAP://example.com:3268' (account: '')...
11/3/2017 7:59:39 AM 1 (11748) Warning: Failed to validate mailbox 'user@example.com'.
11/3/2017 7:59:39 AM 1 (11748) Error: The server is not operational.

Our AD is set up as a example.local domain while exchange is configured for email using example.com
I am guessing Veeam cannot resolve due to this difference and my question is, has anyone else run into this, and how did you resolve it?

Any tips or advice would be helpful.

I can ultimately do a restore if I use my AD creds in the login popup that comes up (tested with my own account) but this does me no good if I need to restore another user as having them tell me their password is neither practical nor secure obviously.

I have a support ticket open as well but we dont seem to be making much headway.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2722 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam Explorer

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Richard,

Yes, it seems like a problem with resolving the domain name. Feel free to escalate your case to a higher tier engineer, if there is no progress with your ticket.
rlhumphrey wrote:I have a support ticket open as well but we dont seem to be making much headway.
Please update this thread with the support case ID, otherwise this thread will be eventually deleted by moderators as per the forum rules, due to the absence of the associated support case ID.

Thanks!
rlhumphrey
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Richard Humphrey

Re: Veeam Explorer

Post by rlhumphrey »

My Veeam Case is # 02365296