Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
davis157
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Mike

Expiration date of merged license

Post by davis157 »

We recently merged several Veeam B&R licenses, and updated the merged license on a B&R installation (v9.5 Update 2). In case it matters, the merged licenses included those for both HyperV and VSphere. After applying the merged license, we are now told the license is perpetual from the About box. Looking at the license file, it's clear the expiration date reflects the earliest expiration date of the individual licenses, as documented/expected. Is this what amounts to a visual bug, or is there something we could have done wrong during the merge process?

Regards,
Mike
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1177 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Re: Expiration date of merged license

Post by nielsengelen »

Hi Mike, I would advise to open up a support case in regards to licensing to double check this.
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

davis157 wrote:we are now told the license is perpetual from the About box.
And what was the license type for the ones that you've merged?
davis157 wrote:Looking at the license file, it's clear the expiration date reflects the earliest expiration date of the individual licenses, as documented/expected. Is this what amounts to a visual bug, or is there something we could have done wrong during the merge process?
Not sure I fully understand what the issue is. If you merge a license key, then the earliest support expiration date is used. Do you see otherwise? Perpetual key usually has a very far away expiration date (10 years +), so it shouldn't be a big deal when merging license keys.
davis157
Influencer

Post by davis157 »

The licenses that were merged included those for Availability Suite for Hyper-V (10), Backup & Replication for Hyper-V (4) and Backup and Replication for VMware (8). As I mentioned, when open in Notepad (for example), the merged license file reflects the support exp. date of the earliest individual license, as expected, but Veeam B&R where this merged license was installed reflects a perpetual exp. date in the About box. It would seem it's using the "product" expiration date, rather than the support exp. date from the file.

I will open a case, but I just wanted to get this out there, in case anyone else had encountered it, and had a means to address it.

Regards,
Mike
nefes
Veeam Software
Liked: 162 times
Full Name: Nikita Efes

Post by nefes »

License information window shows both license expiration and support expiration dates.
Could you please double-check, that both of them shows correct information? Looks like everything works as expected.
davis157
Influencer

Post by davis157 »

No, I don't see the support exp. date there. I do see it on another system where we have a "standalone" B&R license, so I think there must be something a little "off" with this merged license file.

Regards,
Mike
nefes
Veeam Software
Liked: 162 times
Full Name: Nikita Efes

Post by nefes »

In that case it is definitely worth opening support case, since the picture you describe is not expected.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

If you see both dates in the license key (when using Notepad), then backup console should also reflect both dates. Once you open a support case, please post it here.