Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
toreml
Expert
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Tore Mejlænder-Larsen

Application aware backup to repository - Windows

Post by toreml »

Hi.
I've installed an Windows Agent for backup of an Oracle server.
When I'm creating a backup job - and selecting a Veeam Backup Repository as destination - I don't get the option Guest Processing - and set the application aware backup options.
I only get this option if I use a shared folder as a destionation.

How can I be sure that the backup I run to a Veeam Repository can be used when I can't set the application aware options?
I want to have the possibility to have a backup copy job to another repository with longer retention - and I can't do that with Shared folder as an destionation.
I use Veeam 9.5 Update 2 - Enterprise Plus Edition and Agent for Windows version 2.0.0.700

Any ideas?

Tore
toreml
Expert
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Tore Mejlænder-Larsen

Re: Application aware backup to repository - Windows

Post by toreml »

I had forgot to add the Veeam Agent for Windows license to the Veeam backup and replication server - so I only got a free license on the client.
Added the license to the Veeam backup and replication server - then all OK

Tore
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Application aware backup to repository - Windows

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Tore,

Application aware backup requires server license being deployed locally to the agent or at the Veeam B&R end. When you aim your agent to a backup server, Veeam B&R starts to act as a license distribution server. When it does not have an agent server license, it switches your agents to free edition where application awareness is not an option.