Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Morgenstern72
Enthusiast
Liked: 13 times
Full Name: Joachim

Backup Size vs Windows Backup

Post by Morgenstern72 »

Windows 10 Pro 1709 and veeam agent for Windows 2 (downloaded 2 days ago).

With the same folders (Backup collects data from several folders on 3 disks selected) and different targets (both 2TB external USB3 HDs, same manufacturer and model) this happens:
) Windows Backup and Restore (Windows 7): backup size 469GB, System Image 124GB
Runs for some hours (over night) and can backup everything including the system image

) veeam Agent for Windows 2: Backup Size "?", System Image 193GB
It stopped with different errors:
First try: Target too small (Free Space 1.2TB) since backup size is estimated 2.4TB (not, its not)
Second try (excluding a big folder just to see what happens now): it stops with the error, that it cant access any folder on the D drive and cant find the selected folder on the S drive
It ran for hours and at the end had two files on the target: one small with some kb and one "big" with 32GB.

The target that veeam uses is also used for file versioning in Windows 10, which works fine.

So what do I do wrong? I work with veeam in the office and have no problems. At home it seems to at completely crazy and the config semms to be super simple).
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Backup Size vs Windows Backup

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Joachim,

Sorry for keeping silence. Please open a support case (Control Panel > Support > Technical support) from the affected computer. This might be related to the latest Windows update, so I’d like you debug logs being checked. Do not forget to share your case ID.