Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
howthorn
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: ilkay aygun

Top XX Report

Post by howthorn »

Is it possible in Veeam Monitor 5, to daily report and mail TOP VMs and TOP Hosts only?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Top XX Report

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Ilkay,

You can schedule an Overview report, which contains TOP VMs/Clusters CPU/Memory consumers right now.

As for TOP VMs and TOP Hosts report only, I've been thinking about adding such kind of a report to Reporter. What do you think, would that be useful there? Besides, I would appreciate it, if you could share your ideas about other reports you'd like to see in the application and which are currently missing.

Thanks!
howthorn
Enthusiast

Post by howthorn »

Hi Vitaliy,
TOP VMs and Top Hosts are very powerful views for admins to see some problems or bottlenecks at first sight. Besides, single power usage report might be useful for executive level.
I suppose, as it would depend on everyone's need, there would be a right click and create report option for every tab you see at the right side maybe...

regards...
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, I agree, but we do have power usage report in the Overview report pack or are you referring to taking this report out of this set?
howthorn wrote:I suppose, as it would depend on everyone's need, there would be a right click and create report option for every tab you see at the right side maybe...

But would that be more time consuming to generate a report for each tab? Currently, you can right click on any object in the infrastructure tree and generate the same trend report/HTML report that would have the same data you have on the Tabs.
howthorn
Enthusiast

Post by howthorn »

Hi Vitaliy,
If you remember, we have discussed about the availability of TOP XX machine reports in Veeam Monitor.
As we have taken the product into production, the power of these reports are becoming more important. For example, I would like to mail our system administrators daily reports, including the TOP Swap Users, Top Disk I/O Users, Top Memory & CPU Users, TOP Network Users…etc of the past day so that they can investigate and take action.
Is there at the moment a way to create these kinds of reports? If not, even an SQL query would solve our need at the moment.

Ilkay
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Ilkay,

Veeam SQL database doesn't contain this piece of information, as all the TOPs are calculated on-the-fly, but I do remember about you feature request.

Thank you.