Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ftbug
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Freddie

Resource not ready: Cloud repository

Post by ftbug »

Hi, i have recently been wondering what the best way to deal with the Cloud repository resources not being ready.

When multiple backup copy jobs run we seem to get this information on most of the jobs. Does this relate to bandwidth, disk i/o or something else?

What would be the best way to increase performance in order to stop this from happening and allow more jobs to run simultaneously?

Thanks
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Resource not ready: Cloud repository

Post by foggy »

Freddie, this relates to a limitation of a single concurrent job for each cloud repository. You may, however, have multiple backup copy jobs point to different repositories as a workaround.
ftbug
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Freddie

Post by ftbug »

Thanks for that! makes sense
rmehta
Service Provider
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Rajeev Mehta

Post by rmehta »

we are a MSP and one of our customer is getting this error message. we only assign one repository to the customer;
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Hi Rajeev, how many jobs does the customer run concurrently?
rmehta
Service Provider

Post by rmehta »

sorted; it appears customer was running more than one job to the cloud repository and at the moment they can only run one task against the repository. Also, is there any limitation on how many customers we can assign a repository to? for example if we have a 36TB repository and 20 customers with 1 TB requirement; Is there any veeam recommendation around it; for example no more than 10 customer per storage. All the customer can only run one job at a time to the cloud repository.

Also, is there any free space requirements against the total respository size; at the moment we monitor anytime the free space is less than 20% (6 TB for example incase of a 36 TB volume)
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

rmehta wrote:Also, is there any limitation on how many customers we can assign a repository to?
This mostly comes down to the number of parallel tasks the repository is capable of handling.
rmehta wrote:Also, is there any free space requirements against the total respository size; at the moment we monitor anytime the free space is less than 20% (6 TB for example incase of a 36 TB volume)
Repository should have free space enough to create an additional full backup, for example, for the compact full backup file operation or periodic scheduled full in case of forward incremental mode.
rmehta
Service Provider

Post by rmehta »

now the customer is intermittently getting “failed to connect to the veeam cloud service”. "Yes I am, but it is now morphing back to the “failed to connect to the veeam cloud service”.

I can get a job started but anything gets in the way overnight, it will fail to reconnect and continue on. Getting very frustrating as I babysitting this thing and should be.
"
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Then I recommend contacting support for assistance.
rmehta
Service Provider

Post by rmehta »

Issue is with support now
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2249 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Kindly, don't post about the same issue in multiple threads and subforums - this dramatically complicates investigation and our technical assistance. I'd recommend sticking only to CC subforum.

Thank you for your understanding.